What is Invisalign?
• Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces.
• Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners (pictured above) to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
• Invisalign has been proven effective in clinical research and in dental practices nationwide.
How does Invisalign work?
• You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
• As you replace each aligner (pictured to the right) with the next in the series, your teeth will move - little by little, week by week - until they have straightened to the final position your dentist has prescribed.
• You'll visit your dentist about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progresing as planned.
• Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
How are aligners made?
The aligners are made through a combination of your dentist's expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
• Invisalign can help you get the great smile you've always wanted because it's...
• Invisible, so no one can tell you're straightening your teeth. So now you can smile more during treatment as well as after.
• Removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment, plus brushing and flossing are no problem.
• Comfortable, because it has no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. And no metal and wires usually means you spend less time in your doctor's office getting adjustments.